OK, these cookies are the real deal. This recipe has literally taken me two years to get right and hundreds of testers to aid the process. Creating a chocolate chip cookie that is gluten free and free from refined sugar can be an amazingly frustrating, exciting, maddening, and joyful challenge, one that I am confident (and humble) to say I have surpassed.
This grain-free chocolate chip cookie recipe is free from gluten, refined sugar, and grains. The only thing that it isn’t free from is taste. It contains a wider range of nutrients compared with traditional chocolate chip cookies, but don’t let anyone know that. Just allow them to enjoy the rich, warm, sweet luxuriousness of the cookie.
By the way, unlike other Paleo cookie recipes swimming out there on the Net, this recipes makes a lot of cookies. And by a lot, I mean a ton. This recipe makes nearly 5 dozen cookies! I don’t know why, but many Paleo baked good recipes I come across don’t offer a substantial yield, including cookie recipes. This isn’t right. In my opinion, cookie recipes should make a good-sized amount, not only for me, but for family and friends (but mainly for me).
I have literally made this recipe a couple dozen times to produce the right texture, firmness, and sweetness to my liking. I wanted a chocolate chip cookie that I remembered as a child without having to risk an onslaught of inflammation that comes with traditional desserts. Trying to make a Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe that turns out similar, if not better, than the ones your grandma used to bake is no easy feat; however, I think I may have accomplished this goal beautifully (and the fact that my grandmother never made chocolate chip cookies doesn’t bother me).
This recipe has also been administered to over 100 people (no kidding), with positive results from each and every taste tester. I made sure to forgo the mentioning of the ingredient list until they gave their final judgement on the taste of the final product. Everyone who ate the cookie blindly exclaimed their joy and surprise that it was actually grain free, gluten free, and free from refined sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (see notes)
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp. stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the room-temperature butter, coconut palm sugar, stevia, vanilla, and vinegar together until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Alternately add eggs and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and slightly brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
P.S. Stay tuned for the dairy-free and egg-free version of this Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Feel free to consume with a tall glass of almond milk, and don’t be afraid to take three or four in one sitting. These are kind of small, but they are completely filling and satisfying. Share with friends and family members if you have enough left over.